Tuesday, October 5, 2010

CAMPING at NYU??


Fire Tower
 I know that it sounds odd but believe it or not I went camping!!! NYU housing had a freshman camping trip which took five people from each freshman dorm. It was a blast! We left Saturday morning from third north and got to Beaver Pond in about an hour and a half. The first day we set up our tents and then went on a three mile hike to a fire tower. It was worth the hike the view was awesome. Later that day I played some football on the sand near beaver pond! I actually caught the ball at one point, I also was tackled but I never let go of the ball (it was touch football)! In the end our team won! For dinner we had some pasta with some of the Ra's grandmas secret sauce (Prego) . Later that night we told scary stories over the camp fire while eating smores! Also I tried a new creation it was a smore but instead of chocolate we put Reese's peanut butter cups so good!!! In all my girl scout days I had never tried that. It was a little hard to fall asleep because it was so cold but in the end I had a great time. It was nice to get out of the city and look up and see the stars! I got to see the big dipper and many more! We got back to the city away from all the green on Sunday afternoon. It was a great experience going outdoors and meeting new people!


On the Hike
End of day one

The woods!!
Where we laid our heads!
bugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment